Thursday

"He's got the whole world in his hands..."



At haygarth we love technology. And we love it even more when somebody figures out a way to make it accessible, fun, informative AND mind-blowing at the same time. Step forward the evil geniuses at the BBC, who have come up with this staggering augmented reality application to promote their live event, One Big Weekend. We looked at doing something similar for Nokia's sponsorship of Kylie's X tour but could never get the finacial backing to proceed- shame as looks like Aunite has stoloen a march on the world's largest handset manufacture!


http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2008/feature/bandinyourhand.shtml

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats pretty neat.
Weird for Nokia of all people not to be pushing for more AR.
After all, if anyone is in a suitable place for mass AR pushing, its mobile phone companys.

Andrew Gregoris said...

I agree, it's a shame but unfortunately my belief is that Nokia is too busy focusing on their Ovi and mobile apps they are really failing to make the best use of current digital tech opportunities to amplify existing comms activity. When I say focus, I mean willing to support digital with real investment:( So these things simple get dropped from campaings.

Lets just hope (for Nokia's sake) that mobil apps really will be the gateway to the internet in the future, otherwise they might find their audiene has grown up without them!

BTW - thanks so much for your post - your the 1st one ever! Which is pretty sad for me, but hey ho. If I had a prize for being the 1st on I would surely give it to you! All I can offer though is my thanks:)