Sunday

Inches from greatness!



I've always had a soft spot for this creative, but I have to say I found the APG presentation on 2007 gold winners really fascinating. Sactchi presented how they reinvigorated the category; away from the over substantiation of "33% better performance" and "isotonic" which had only led to confusion and apathy around a statement that could not possible be true, 33% better performance; unlikely!

Anways, suffice to say they did a lot of research into the product's appeal and what "winning" meant and the ended up with the "Edge" campaign. The presenter showed us the a video clip from "Any given Sunday" which succinctly put across what it takes to win.

Good planners and creatives always take inspiration from all that is around them, but I can't help wondering if in this case someone was simply watching TV with the brief on their lap and a can of beer in their hand and suddenly went "eureka", that's what I'll do"

Regradless, I love the results either way


No comments: